ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact — and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a Social Media Manager to manage daily development and execution of ACRONYM’s social channels, including organization-wide accounts as well as campaign-specific social media properties. This is a full-time position and can be based in Washington DC.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
The ideal candidate will have:
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience developing and managing short and long-term social media strategies for a public brand with a highly-engaged following
- Experience developing content for a variety of platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Google etc.
- A track record of growing and sustaining an engaged social media following on at least one channel
- Experience developing, managing and executing rapid response campaigns, either for political or news brands
- Experience using paid media strategies across social platforms to expand reach of audience and deepen engagement of content
- Keen understanding and demonstrated knowledge of evolving best practices across multiple social media platforms
- Strong project and time management skills
- A drive to constantly innovate, create and learn
- Experience with producing social media static, gif and/or video content and Adobe Photoshop proficiency is preferred.
- A background working with political campaigns or advocacy organizations is desired but not required. A passion for politics is required.
- Develop and execute long and short-term social media strategies that grow both engagement and following of the ACRONYM and ACRONYM family brands
- Leverage social listening to inform and curate for daily content strategy across platforms
- Create and execute community management best practices that increase engagement
- Monitor, compile, and utilize data regularly and effectively to inform decision-making and content strategy
- Leverage paid media strategies to complement organic and owned social media content to grow audiences and amplify ACRONYM brand voice among various communities, including voters, influencers and media
- Develop creative content and copy ideas for social media channels unique to specific platforms
- Enforce quality assurance systems to ensure content is within spec and error-free
- Codify best practices and learnings to train others both internally and externally
- Build trust with external partners through the development of joint social media strategies and content, when applicable and necessary
- A roll-up-your-sleeves and ego-free approach to the work and mission of the organization is a must
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume.
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign organization and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $80,000/ annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.