ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact — and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a Data Director to support the buildout and maintenance of the data infrastructure that powers programs to advance progressive policies, values and candidates. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or can be filled remotely for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4 to 6 years experience using data and technology in support of more than one of the following: electoral campaigns, progressive advocacy, digital and online advocacy, distributed campaigning, movement building, digital ads campaigns, or grassroots mobilization
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Management experience, with the ability to deliver feedback effectively and gracefully
- Demonstrated project and time management skills
- A reputation for effective management of partnership and team relationships
- A drive to constantly learn, evolve and share best practices with the broader progressive community
- Depth of knowledge of digital organizing tactics and tools
- Experience or knowledge of digital media strategies, platforms and best practices are recommended but not required
- A roll-up-your-sleeves and ego-free approach to the work and mission of the organization is a must
- A willingness to get in the weeds and help solve hairy data problems
- Design and own efficient organizational data infrastructure including tools, processes, and procedures
- Create and manage user-friendly dashboards for ACRONYM programs (in Tableau or Periscope) both for internal and external stakeholders
- Build efficient systems and processes for experiments and data analysis to power a data-driven culture
- Manage relationships with data and tool vendors and partners
- Conduct coaching and training for teammates and partners to empower them to develop their data skills and professional development
- Codify best practices + knowledge for thought leadership both inside and outside of the organization
- Collaborate with the Measurement Director to ensure ACRONYM’s testing, experimentation, and measurement needs are supported by our data infrastructure.
- Set a positive, fun and inspiring team culture guided by ACRONYM’s overarching values (empowerment, innovation, impact, empathy, and radical honesty)
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume.
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign organization and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $80,000 and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.