ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact — and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking an ad operations associate to help run digital paid media campaigns. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, or Denver.
AD OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
ACRONYM is looking for a candidate to execute cross-channel digital ad programs of various budgets ads with the goal of reaching target audiences through high-quality channels at the lowest possible prices. The goal will be to optimize ad key performance indicators while staying within budgets. A team member will be trained in the most up to date and latest in trafficking and media industry trends, understand and become fluent in the various terminology, acronyms, and industry phrases, act as liaison with media, creative agencies and publisher sites regarding tracking, scheduling, delivery and performance of campaigns, and Serve as a point of contact between ad server and internal business units.
They will be responsible for purchasing, and monitoring media performance across channels, devising and executing optimizations, consistently auditing and analyzing performance, and remaining atop the platform trends for best performance.
The candidate will work with the paid media team to execute on audience building and targeting frameworks, matching universes, and building interest universes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 0 to 2 of experience in online advertising space, as a trafficker or similar role
- Attention to detail; diligent, proactive, organized, accountable, analytical, and highly-motivated team player
- Quick learner of new technologies, tools, and processes; ability to adapt to changing tides
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth work environment, while managing numerous projects under tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of entire Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Basic background in social media ad buying (Facebook ad manager / business manager) is preferred but not required
- A reputation for being a results-driven team player with a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- A penchant for problem solving
- A track record of excellent time management, as well as oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and collaborative approach to teamwork and problem solving
- Ownership of all pre- and post-launch trafficking responsibilities and inquiries
- Consistently manage implementation of all ad operations requirements for campaigns – tracking, tagging, naming with close attention to detail
- Manage pacing dashboard by identifying problems in performance and efficiencies and working with the media planner to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Build weekly reports and offer regular program optimizations and recommendations
- Present findings to both internal and external people, educate and guide them on best practices; proactively address areas where improvement is needed
- Perform diligent and detail-oriented QA on interactive ad units/deliverables
- Provide paid media team with user feedback and insights, related to new releases of our internal tools and products
- In partnership with media planner, think creatively about how to build targeted audiences within platforms
- Adjust media buys in real time throughout campaign to reflect changes to media plan and new information throughout execution of program
- In partnership with media planner, gather, organize and present competitive research and spending data in a cohesive and efficient manner
- Identify opportunities to test within platforms and work with teammates to execute tests, analyze results and use to optimize campaigns
How to apply
Email email@example.com with a copy of your resume.
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $45,000 and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.